Tuesday, February 17, 2009

CONFERENCE FEEDBACK

The conference was interesting and I discovered lots of new ideas. All the speeches showed that science and society are linked. And G. Toulouse demonstrated that science is not an isolated field, he showed the links between science and ethics, philosophy, sociology, history and linguistics.

I found the quotation he gave from H. Arendt was great : ‘We move in a world where language has lost its power’. I like this concept of a kind of universal knowledge and I hope that, through philosophy, I will manage some day to have a global vision of science.

I had thought that founding International Student Pugwash in Grenoble would be too complicated but the speech of Juan Pablo showed me that it is not. I have talked about Pugwash with some students and all of us were enthusiastic about the idea to create a space of thinking, to debate about science and society. That’s why I think it is possible to found a Pugwash group in Grenoble.

Mathieu Perrin-Terrin
MathieuPerrinT@aol.com
06 72 59 05 43

No comments: