Sunday, February 15, 2009

Comment on the Debate - November 2008

Hello,

I'm writing considering the conference last week about ethics.I came to the conference and I warched the debate on the subject :"This House believes that ethical considerations hold back scientific and technological progress".

I didn't take notes because I had a hard time listening and writing at the same time. Frankly speaking, during most of the debate I found it difficult to understand the English because of the French accent I'm not so used to. Nonetheless, I did my best to listen and to understand as much as I could.

As other students said in class, I also found the debate a bit "artificial" in the sense that the speakers didn't really refer to what the others were saying.I understand that if a debate is something that one is not used to do, it could be difficult to do it spontaneously.

Best regards,

Noa

No comments: